Khorev Aleksandr Vladimirovich, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The death penalty in the modern world will always be one of the main topics for discussion. The purpose of the work is to analyze the development of the death penalty in many countries, as well as to bring forth the statistics on the countries that still execute the death penalty as a punishment.
Results. Every year, some countries refuse this type of punishment. But, nevertheless, some countries still act against global trends and a number of the sentenced only increases. China is one of those countries that does not look at the world community, and resorts to the capital punishment for many crimes.
Conclusions. Many lawyers agree that the death penalty is a constraint to people who have committed a crime. Nevertheless, in many countries where the death penalty is applied, each year the number of crimes does not change. Therefore one can say that the death penalty will not stop crimes committed; in this moment there is only one alternative to the death penalty – life imprisonment.
problem of the death penalty, statistics, world trends, loss of life, right to life.
1. Kvashis V. E. Smertnaya kazn': mirovye tendentsii, problemy i perspektivy [Death penalty: world trends, problems and prospects]. Moscow, 2008, 800 p.
2. Konovalova T. F. Ugolovno-ispolnitel'naya sistema: pravo, ekonomika, upravlenie. [Punishment execution system: law, economy, management]. 2010, no. 2, pp. 23–25.
3. Fedoranich S. I. EZh-Yurist [EZh-Lawyer]. 2011, no. 27.
4. Kolokolov Ya. N. Rossiyskiy sud'ya [Russian judge]. 2010, no. 1, pp. 6–10.
5. Romanovskiy G. B. Gnoseologiya prava na zhizn' [Epistemology of the right to life].Saint-Petersburg, 2003.
6. Makeeva N. V. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2013, no. 2 (26), pp. 5–12.
7. Kvashis M. Ugolovnoe pravo [Criminal law]. 2001, no. 3, pp. 103–109.
8. Mezyaev A.B. Moskovskiy zhurnal mezhdunarodnogo prava [Moscow journal of international law].2001,no. 2.
9. Romanovskiy G. B. Pravovedenie [Jurisprudence]. 2003, no. 4, pp. 180–190.
10. Morshchakova T. G. Vremya MN [MN Time]. 2002, 15 Febr.